The holiday season is all about baking & boy have we got a recipe you’re going to need to make ASAP. Wow your friends & family with our indulgent Cake Batter Cheesecake that couldn’t be easier to make! We skipped the frosting this time around & opted to top our cake with cheesecake, a choice that left us wondering why we haven’t done so before. Not to mention, this cheesecake recipe is almost, if not, easier to make than homemade frosting. With just four ingredients, feel free to make this cheesecake in a standard pie crust, on it’s own, or in any other variety you’d like. However, as previously mentioned, if you’re looking to “wow” a crowd, we suggest following the simple recipe below.
Along with the deliciousness of holiday baking comes the inevitable guilt of eating it all… We recently discovered Miss Jones Baking Co. & have been using their products non-stop as they’re super simple to make (boxed cake mixes, cans of frosting, etc.) yet they’re all organic! If you’re looking for a better for you alternative, we suggest trying some of their products. We even skipped the powdered sugar in a typical cheesecake recipe & instead used their Organic Vanilla Cake Mix powder to give the cheesecake a cake batter flavor. We can’t wait to share this creation at upcoming holiday gatherings! Plus, swap out the clear sugar sprinkles for rainbow non-pareils to turn this beauty into a birthday or everyday celebratory cake!
- for the cake:
- 1 box Miss Jones Baking Co. Organic Vanilla Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- for the cheesecake:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Miss Jones Baking Co. Organic Vanilla Cake Mix (plain powder)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon juice
- for the toppings:
- In large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients. Bake according to instructions in a medium or large springform pan that has been sprayed with baking spray. Let cake cool completely.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all cheesecake ingredients. Stir together with electric mixer until fluffy. Once cake has cooled completely, spread cheesecake over the top evenly. Place in fridge for minimum 1 hour.
- Top with sprinkles & decorations as desired. Serve & enjoy!
large mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
About the Contributor
Caitlin is the founder of Chicago based lifestyle web publication Public Lives, Secret Recipes which specializes in recipe development, DIY tutorials, fashion posts, & much more. Aside from the blog, Caitlin is the founder of Krispops, a crisped rice cake pop company, that you can order online! Be sure to shop Krispops here & follow PLSR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest!